We wanted to update our you on how we’re handling the COVID-19 situation at Elbow Springs Golf Club. At the moment our Management team is continuing to work on opening preparations with the hope of opening the golf course in a few weeks.
The spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Alberta and around the world has raised concerns for everyone in these trying times. Elbow Springs values the well-being of our staff, members, and guests. We want you to know that your health & safety will remain our top priority as this situation continues to evolve.
What we’re doing:
· Management staff are working from home whenever possible. The few team members who are working in the clubhouse or maintenance shop are practicing physical distancing and increased sanitization and hygiene measures while they prepare for opening day.
· All meetings with vendors are taking place on the phone or by email so that all non essential contact and clubhouse traffic has been removed.
· Working on modified procedures for golfers and staff to make the golf experience as safe as going for a hike and safer than getting gas or groceries.
· Requiring our employees to stay home if they feel unwell or if they have been in contact with anyone that is exhibiting flu-like symptoms
· Increased cleanliness of our facilities especially in high traffic areas
· Notices throughout our facility for customers and employees to use caution and practice best hygiene methods to prevent the spread of the virus
What you can do:
· Continue to take direction from the Alberta and Canadian Health Organizations.
· Some members have expressed interest in coming to the course to help. While we appreciate the offers and enthusiasm, we are not looking to bring any non essential people onto the property at this time. The clubhouse will remain closed to members and guests until further notice.
· Send your comments, questions, concerns, and suggestions to email@example.com. We want to hear from you!
As the golf season approaches, Elbow Springs will continue to monitor the recommendations of government and health officials as well as industry best practices and pass along relevant information and updates as necessary.
We thank everyone for their understanding and look forward to having a great 2020 golf season.
Elbow Springs Management